Applications to the online Doctor of Musical Arts in Music Education degree program are accepted three times per year. Applicants will be reviewed for admission based upon the strength of their ability for doctoral studies and the following criteria:
• Possession of a Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
• Admission into the doctoral program requires either a Bachelor's degree in Music Education
or a Master's degree in Music Education.
• Completion of the School of Music Graduate School Online Application
• Submission of official transcripts from all schools attended
• Present professional portfolio including:
o Three professional letters of recommendation
o Presentation of a Curriculum Vitae
o Personal statement indicating goals in pursuing a doctoral degree
o Writing sample in a topic related to music or music education (minimum of 3 pgs)
o Sample of academic writing on a topic related to music or music education; thesis
abstract or other example should be at least 2000 words
• Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) results
• International students applying to the Doctorate program must have a minimum
TOEFL score of 600 (paper) 250 (computer) or 100 (internet)
The application deadline for the Fall 2009 term is August 6.
Boston University Enrollment Advisors are available to answer your questions about the online music education degree program. If you would like to have a BU Enrollment Advisor contact you directly, simply fill out the Request Information section.